Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

PRHS Library toolbar

Last weekend (May 9-10) I attended the Atlantic Provinces Library Association (APLA) annual conference in Charlottetown, PEI. One of the many excellent sessions I attended was entitled "Top Tech Tools" which involved 8 library staff members from different institutions do a quick 5-minute overviews of their favourite new technological tool. One of the presenters spoke about Conduit library toolbars and it really piqued my interest, so one of the first things I did when I got back to work was make my own toolbar.

Voila:



It's a little small to see, but the toolbar gives users a quick link to the library catalogue, RSS feeds of new books in the library and new Del.icio.us links, and links to other useful tools. You can look at the PRHS Library toolbar in more detail here and start creating your own here.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think!

No comments: