Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Remembrance Day 2008


Remembrance Day is tomorrow, and (surprisingly) it looks like the temperature won't be too cold - it would seem like cheating if I didn't stand in cold rain or snow during a Remembrance Day ceremony. It always feels like a small payment for my freedom: standing, shivering, while Taps is played and wreaths are laid.

Over the past couple of years at Parrsboro schools, I've collected over 70 websites about Remembrance Day on the PRHS library Delicious account. Just click the link above to view the list and find out about everything from war brides to the merchant navy, Great War weapons to life after Auschwitz, Vimy Ridge to peacekeeping.

There are also a number of books in the PRHS library about Remembrance Day. Some are listed below.





Widget_logo



I wish you well this Remembrance Day, and hopefully I'll see you at the Parrsboro ceremony tomorrow.

No comments: