Pages

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Percy Jackson is coming to a theatre near you

Yes, that's right, The lightning thief (the first book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan) is being made into a movie with lots of big-name stars, according to Variety. Here's a quick rundown:

Percy Jackson: Logan Lerman (I didn't really realize it until I saw his picture, but this is exactly how I imagined Percy Jackson.)





Grover (who was my favourite character): Brandon T. Jackson







Annabeth: Alexandra Daddario







Chiron: Pierce Brosnan

Zeus: Sean Bean

Poseidon: Kevin McKidd

Medusa: Uma Thurman (I can't wait to see Uma Thurman with snakes for hair, I really can't.)

Athena: Melina Kanakaredes

More cast choices will undoubtedly be announced in the near future as filming begins in Vancouver in a few weeks.

Also, the fifth and final book in the Percy Jackson series, entitled The last Olympian, is being released on May 5th. Check out the Percy Jackson and the Olympians site for more information.

No comments: