Pages

Friday, January 04, 2008

Review: What happened to Cass McBride?

What happened to Cass McBride? by Gail Giles

David committed suicide on Tuesday. Cass disappeared on Friday. What’s the connection? Told from the points of view of three main characters – Cass, Kyle and Ben, a police officer – What happened to Cass McBride? is a suspenseful tale of what drives one person to kidnap and torture another.

What I like best about this book (which I read in one sitting) is how, even though the reader knows very early on how things turn out, the process of getting there is what creates all the suspense. I am not a writer but I would imagine that this is very difficult to do – and with three different perspectives and timelines on the storyline to boot. I found myself anxious to learn what Kyle was explaining when I was reading about what was happening from Cass’s point of view, and vice versa, which was probably why I couldn’t put it down!

The characters are fascinating as well – very complex and proof of “don’t judge a book by its cover.” I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a thrilling suspense.

4.5 stars out of 5 for “What happened to Cass McBride?”

Reviews:
http://www.teensreadtoo.com/CassMcBride.html
http://www.teenreads.com/reviews/0316166383.asp

No comments: