Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Most frequently borrowed books

I ran a search in the library catalogue today to find the books that have been borrowed the most often, and which have been borrowed at least once since October. The bold number is how many times each book has been checked out.

1. Saving Grace by Darlene Ryan - 22

2. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer - 21

3. Tie: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and The trouble with Liberty by Kristin Butcher - 18

5. I.D. by Vicki Grant - 16

6. Tie: Cirque du Freak: the saga of Darren Shan by Darren Shan, Tithe by Holly Black, No more pranks by Monique Polak, and Home invasion by Monique Polak - 15

10. Exit point by Laura Langston - 14

Not surprisingly, two books in the Twilight series are near the top. What I actually didn't expect is that 6 of the top ten are Orca Soundings books, but given how many are borrowed at any given time I shouldn't have been surprised.

1 comment:

Monique P said...

Hello Parrsboro Regional Public Library, I just wanted to say hi from Montreal and to tell you I'm very excited that two of my books are on your "Most frequently borrowed books" list! I also wanted to say that your blog is very lively and fun. Way to go!! I have a blog too, on my website, but I still need to figure out how to link up to other blogs. When I do, I'll be sure to put you guys on the list. Also, I wanted to ask you to look for my latest book, in case you haven't yet seen it... it's called What World Is Left, and this one really means a lot to me because it is based on my mum's experience in a Nazi concentration camp -- a story she kept secret for over 60 years. So I hope all is well in Parrsboro and that you have loads of good books to read. Long ago, I had a boyfriend from Nova Scotia, and since then, I've always had a soft spot for Nova Scotians and have appreciated their feeling for language. Best to all of you from Monique Polak (monique@moniquepolak.com)